- Full Time
Date Listed: January 09, 2024
Are you a highly skilled and experienced CNC Machinist looking for a new challenge in an exciting industry?
We are looking for a talented CNC Machinist with experience operating manual lathes and mills to join our Engineering department in Greenford, London.
You will be responsible for operating our CNC mills and lathes, setting up and optimizing CNC programs, and troubleshooting and making necessary adjustments to programs for quality and precision.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have:
- Proven experience as a fully qualified Machinist to City & Guilds, NVQ Level 3, or equivalent.
- Proven experience in CNC programming for milling/turning machines in a fabrication/engineering environment.
- Previous experience in CNC machine setup and operation, including Hurco Mills & Lathes.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and attention to detail.
- An understanding of both G codes and conversational programming.
- Experience with computerised maintenance management systems (CMMs) is preferred.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Be a dynamic, team player with a high degree of accountability and pro-active thinking.
- Possess high levels of self-motivation and enthusiasm with the ability to work on your own initiative.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks in a controlled and safe manner, paying particular respect to colleagues and equipment with adherence to Health and Safety procedures.
- Ability to work and maintain effectiveness under pressure, within tight deadlines and changing priorities.
- Thorough, outstanding follow through and attention to detail. Highly organised and able to prioritise workload.
- Ability to resolve queries and problems to best of knowledge before escalating up to next level, ensuring minimum occurrence of errors and provide workable solutions.
If you are a highly skilled and experienced CNC Machinist that thrives when working on various projects, we would love to hear from you!