Digital Camera Service Technician
- Woodland Hills, Ca
- Full Time
Date Listed: January 31, 2024
The Digital Camera Service Technician is a Full-Time position responsible for the service and maintenance of Panavision's digital cinema camera rental inventory. This person will coordinate with the Lead Service Technician in servicing, maintaining, and troubleshooting digital camera systems based on established procedures. This position involves operational and diagnostic use of professional digital cinema camera equipment and accessories, which includes but is not limited to Sony VENICE, ARRI (Alexa LF/AMIRA/MINI), and RED (Komodo/DSMC2) cameras.
- Perform timely service procedures and general maintenance on digital cinema cameras, recorders, monitors and accessories.
- Troubleshoot and identify equipment issues, software and firmware updates and facilitate repairs through our repair department.
- Critical cleaning of sensor surfaces and other precision optical assemblies in clean room environment.
- Maintain a clean and organized workstation as defined by management and per health and safety standards.
- Other tasks and assignments as required.
- Proficient knowledge of digital cinema cameras, recorders and related products.
- Good cable management skills.
- Knowledge of basic photographic principals.
- Understanding of on-set production, structure and workflow.
- Basic knowledge of waveform and volt meter.
- Ability to work under pressure with strict time constraints while maintaining high performance standards.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work on own initiative.
- Effective client service and interpersonal skills.
- Effective organizational skills and ability to pay attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Windows 10, MS Office and Mac OS X.
- Three years minimum of support/service at camera rental facility preferred.
- Must have flexible work schedule.
- Must have a good driving record.
- Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds is required.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
This job operates in a professional office environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee may also be required to lift product or equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Prompt and regular attendance is required, employees are expected to begin work at the start of their scheduled shift and to complete their assigned work shift according to the responsibilities of their position.
This position works standard business hours, but may require long hours and some weekend work.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary Range: Min $17.50 Max $18.50 / per hour