- Full Time
Date Listed: August 05, 2022
Panavision has an immediate opening for an IT Engineer to join the Corporate Information Technology (IT) team in order to support technology operations for the company's post production and camera segment business lines. This is a high impact opportunity at a leading entertainment brand, with global operations across four continents. Come be part of the team that's innovating the next generation of film and television production services for the entertainment industry.
The core mandate of the IT Engineer is to ensure that Light Iron's and Panavision's IT infrastructure stack and systems run smoothly and efficiently. Qualified candidates must have a demonstrated track record of managing, maintaining, and updating (as necessary) infrastructure and network systems, including hardware and applications. In addition to being able to diagnose and resolve needs / issues quickly, the successful candidate will be a patient communicator, capable of collaboratively working across interdisciplinary teams and users. Deep, hands-on experience from prior and equivalent roles is a must.
To be successful in this position prospective candidates must be goal oriented, have an operational, get stuff done attitude, be diligent, responsible, well organized, and execution focused. Resourcefulness is a necessary for this role, as is the requirement to effectively work with global IT team peers, Light Iron engineering / technical operations staff, and other colleagues in the planning and execution of duties and deliverables.
- Provides Help Desk support to Light Iron and Panavision facilities staff, including provisioning of IT equipment (e.g. computers, monitors, etc.) and network / system account credentials (e.g. Active Directory, O365, etc.)
- Monitors and maintains infrastructure stack and network systems performance to defined SLAs
- Isolates, assesses, and diagnoses network, server, hardware, operating system, and related issues as they arise
- Performs troubleshooting and remediation to resolve outages and/or problems, restoring services in a timely, efficient, and effective manner
- Assists researching and the application of appropriate patches, hot fixes and service packs to ensure infrastructure remains operational with no impact to business operations
- Coordinates scheduling of network maintenance, backups, and any downtime requirements with IT and business operations management
- Proactively communicates IT issues and resolution efforts to impacted business / operations stakeholders
- Supports lifecycle management of platforms, including upgrade and release management, performance monitoring and planning for upgrade and / or replacement investments
- Prepares, maintains, and updates documentation of network configurations, cabling layouts, procedures, etc.
- Collaborates with the SOC to assist with the management of, and updates to, INFOSEC systems
- Supports vendor-managed WAN environment, firewalls, and UCaaS offering
- Work closely with and maintain engaged relationships with IT infrastructure provider vendors
- Develops, manages, and maintains collaborative and productive working relationships with global IT colleagues and Light Iron engineering / technical operations staff
- 4+ years directly related, hands-on experience overseeing enterprise IT infrastructure capabilities / systems (onsite and remote) to defined requirements
- Previous responsibility / accountability for systems administration and maintenance of both hosted and cloud based IT environments
- Demonstrated experience and know-how working with Microsoft Windows and MacOS operating systems
- Background and comfort level with level installing IT hardware and applications
- Ability to troubleshoot Microsoft Office 365 and Google Workspace application support requirements
- Proficient with Microsoft Server and applications such as Microsoft Network Services (e.g. Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, GPO and Domain Services)
- Prior experience working with Palo Alto, Meraki, and Cisco networking, VLANs, wireless networking technologies and security, and UCaaS / VoIP systems
- Background with endpoint, MDM & MAM packaged solutions such as JAMF and Microsoft Endpoint Manager
- Expertise in deploying and managing remote access VPN and MFA solutions
- Ability to manage a wide range of daily technical issues; eagerness to investigate and learn new technologies
- Demonstrated project management skills, including planning, organizing, and executing deliverables
- Must be very organized and detail-oriented; a confident team player that is as comfortable rolling-up-sleeves to get stuff done as they are collaborating with others to achieve shared objectives
- Ability to impact operations and effect change without being adversarial
- Excellent decision-making, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Prior experience in and/or familiarity in the post production space is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, or equivalent experience
- Microsoft, Meraki, Cisco and Palo Alto certifications strongly preferred
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
This job operates in a professional office environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee may also be required to lift product or equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work/Travel:
This position works both a standard business and after-hours operating schedule; evening and/or weekend work is frequently required. Some out-of-state / country and overnight travel may be expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.