Panavision in on the hunt for an experienced IT help desk guru to join our world class IT team in providing internal technology support for our North American employees and customers. Prospective candidates should be passionate about technology, have a broad mix of technical knowledge, experience working with Microsoft Office, Windows, and Apple environments, and possess exceptional customer service skills.
Working in collaboration with the Panavision Help Desk team, the IT Help Desk Analyst (II) will deliver timely technical support with an execution mindset that balances personable customer service, with timeliness and positive resolution. In addition, and as required, IT Help Desk Analysts will take on special projects including but not limited to troubleshooting network and server hardware, computers, software applications, telecommunications, and network communications issues.
Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly and have the discipline to communicate and escalate with a variety of cross company teams and users.
- Ensures that Panavision staff are provided efficient and timely first and second level IT support
- Supports end users with computers and laptops operating Windows, and Apple OS devices
- Monitors Help Desk problem management database and follows up with assigned issues to ensure timely resolution of reported issues with computers, client software, peripherals, printers, local network, etc.
- Isolates problem trends and ensures that troubleshooting efforts are completed for recurring problems until permanent solutions are determined and implemented
- Works with senior Panavision IT leads to identify and deploy appropriate patches, hot fixes and service packs which ensure that Panavision’s infrastructure remains stable and operational
- As required, assists with the provisioning of VoIP telephony system / lines and support for mobile devices
- Support audio-visual equipment in conference rooms
- Manages and monitors internal assets to ensure accurate inventory records
- Adhoc IT related tasks / duties, as needed
- Capable of effectively and efficiently working remotely, as required
- Performs duties in a responsive manner without jeopardizing quality of care and service
- Occasional travel may be require
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
This job operates in a professional office environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit for prolonged periods of time in front of a computer; stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee may also be required to lift equipment weighing up to 50 lbs, bend, climb, push and pull carts when necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Prompt and regular attendance is required, employees are expected to begin work at the start of their scheduled shift and to complete their assigned work shift according to the responsibilities of their position.
This position works standard business hours, but may require long hours and some weekend work. On-call may also be required on a rotating basis.
Some out-of-state and overnight travel may be expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary Range: Min $32.00 - Max $35.00 per hour