Senior Media Systems Engineer
- Light Iron
- Los Angeles, Ca
- Full Time
Date Listed: September 06, 2023
The Post Production Systems Engineer 3 is an integral and very experienced engineering team member who will help the system administration team, supporting all IT and engineering requests from staff and clients at Light Iron LA. Work closely and under the Manager of Engineering including Light Iron management to increase efficiency across the organization optimizing current steady state while building new post production systems, media pipelines, operational policies and procedures. Applicants should have a minimum 4-6 years of experience in the engineering finishing field.
The candidate should possess expert technical knowledge of feature and episodic workflows, techniques, and tools and understand the challenges and goals of creative and technical teams alike. This candidate is a self-motivated individual with a desire to take direction and look for challenges and prevention solutions in the Engineering Department.
- Deploy and support a range of hardware and software including routing switches, LTO tape libraries, tape decks, video scopes, DCI projectors and cinema servers, OLED monitors, calibration tools, audio systems, video routers and patch bays, SAN, NAS, Avid Nexis and ISIS, firewalls, KVM systems, OSX, Windows, Linux, Film Light systems, Resolve systems, Avid, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Creative Suite, AWS, Colorfront Transkoder, EXD, DVS Clipster, Aspera Faspex and Signiant Media Shuttle
- Rapid response support for all client facing services
- Research 3rd party products and services to suggest the best tools for the business requirements
- Stay up to date with industry standard tools and practices to maintain cutting edge infrastructure
- Expert working knowledge of Quantum StorNext storage, Brocade switches, Supermicro computers, HP Workstations, Palo Alto Firewall, as well as, Baselight and Resolve Linux Systems
- Expert working knowledge of video and audio file formats and industry standard and studio delivery specifications particularly UHD and HDR (HDR 10, 10+, and Dolby Vision) workflows
- Strong background in computer systems administration, especially Linux & Mac
- Strong knowledge of networking & storage infrastructure design standards
- Bash/Shell scripting and/or DevOps experience a strong plus
- Ability to manage several projects at once – the organization is lean and individual responsibility is paramount
- A bias for action and ability to deliver mission critical support in a timely manner
- Strong communication skills, particularly in verbalizing technical processes in a non-technical manner
- A strong desire to deliver great looking, technically accurate content to our customers
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
This job operates in a professional office environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee may also be required to lift product or equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This position works standard business hours, but may require long hours and some weekend work as needed.
Salary Range: Min $125,000.00 Max $150,000.00 per year